Rush Street Interactive was formed in 2012 as an independent company to focus on the development & operations of iGaming products & services, operating all product categories including in sports & casino. In 2018, RSI started operations in Colombia as one of the 17 companies authorized by Coljuegos for online gambling operations. With two-years of operations in Colombia, RSI is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior CRM Analyst to join the team.
This position requires a high degree of organizational skills, detail focus, self-direction, and the ability to transparently and positively communicate verbally as well as in writing in Spanish and preferably in English. Furthermore, this position is in charge of a continue alignment between RSI and our BPO.
He/She will be the person responsible for the correct accounting process and reconciliation in Colombia.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- +5 years of working experience in Accounting and Controlling Departmental.
- A Degree in Accounting with Professional Card.
- Experience in multinational companies and/or startups.
- Analytical horsepower
- Complete knowledge of Colombia GAAP, Colombian accounting reports and tributary laws.
- Solid experience in national and local tax reporting, DIAN, Withholding, Income Tax, Payroll.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excited to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team
- English level B2 a MUST
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL DO
- Oversee accounting, budgeting, planning, cash flow and forecasting activities alongside the finance director and BPO.
- Review the quality, accuracy, and delivery of monthly and annual financial reports provided by the BPO and prepare the set of financials statements that are sent to headquarters under USGAAP, following the mandates from both, Colombia’s finance director and finance team in USA.
- Support and ensure the accurate preparation of tax reporting/payment.
- Secure and coordinate the charge of payments and settlement of invoices.
- Download failed bank transfers, identify the error, and report them to be corrected.
- Ensure and validate daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations with our allies of payment methods.
- Identify, review, and manage with the bank or the transactional network all the chargebacks presented by the clients.
- Inform and list, in detail, all new suppliers to the head office.
- Support Colombia finance director and headquarters finance team with any additional task delegated concerning to the accounting and financial areas.
- Work responsibly and proactively towards the meeting of local and corporate deadlines for the submission of documents for all processes established, such as submission of invoices, approval of payments, presentation of tax reports, preparation of local and/or corporate financial reports and balances, or any other process requested by their line manager or headquarters office
- Maintain an assertive, respectful, diligent, and effective communication, either written or spoken with external parties such as vendors, merchants, or outsourcing companies, as well as with internal users such as managers, team members and any company’s employee
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information.
- Ensure and support on the accuracy of Financial Results and Finance Records, keeping support documentation of the reconciliations and controls executed in order to monitor the accounting records, identifying any deviation and promptly providing the plan to correct it
- Validate financial statements through knowledge and practical understanding of applicable US GAAP, and IFRS Rules;
- Work with the finance director, the BPO and headquarters finance team, in order to provide documentation, explanations and support for external Audit requests until the termination of the audit process.
- Maintain control over the purchase and sales of inventories in the retail shops and assure accuracy in the accounting records
- work together with the tax team to ensure compliance with applicable tax obligations.
- maintain updated documentation of the company´s accounting policies under IFRS, suggest and document modifications needed in the applicable cases.
- Document and keep control of the fixed assets, prepaid policies, and insurance of the company, validating the depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Prepare and present statutory or legal reports and obligations that are not covered in the scope of services with the BPO, such as supersalud report, Sena reports, Dane reports, Coljuegos reports or any applicable
- work together with the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) for the issuance and delivery of supplier tax certificates
- assure compliance of the internal control procedures and processes and suggest changes or improvements that impact in a positive way the current practices.
- Keep control of cash balances received in the retail shops and assure good practices and methodologies with regards to cash in hand, cash deposited in bank accounts and random audits to reconcile with accounting books balances.